Around 140 children with and without disabilities, children of ages, live in this volunteer project near Cape Town.
The children’s home has focused on supporting the children
and thus enabling them to develop their full potential and later lead an independent life on their own two feet.
The home is designed so that the children are accommodated in 12 residential units.
The children are transported to schools or to various leisure activities every day. The goal is to lead the children back to a safe family environment as soon as possible.
The home provides the children with a safe and nice environment with care, clothes, schooling, and a balanced diet.
The young children mainly speak Afrikaans (so you will certainly learn a few new words as well), but most of the children also speak good English.
It is the largest project and there is space for up to 20 volunteers at the same time (but there are
also, times when there are only about 5 volunteers in the project, it always depends on the season).
We are happy to place you in this project together with a friend (if there are enough places available).
This project is always extremely popular with volunteers, so it is best to apply early.
- Duration: 2 – 12 Weeks
- Region: Cape Town, South Africa
- Price per person: From 439€ – 1389€
- Included: Transfers, Accommodation, 1 Meal Daily, and Volunteer Activities.
- Childcare 90% 90%
- Teaching 55% 55%
- Life Skills & Sports 60% 60%
Role of the volunteer
A volunteer work day includes helping the children with homework or playing with them in the afternoon. Volunteers can also get involved in sports coaching
Some of your duties may include:
- The volunteers are like big sisters and brothers to the children and accompany them in everyday life.
- The tasks of the volunteers are very diverse in this project.
- In the first weeks, you start with night shifts, put the children to bed, and check the rooms regularly at night.
- You support the other employees in getting the children ready for school
- Help them prepare food and play with the children.
Accommodation & Meals
Accommodation is provided by our Claim Victory host family which is a 10 minute drive from the project. There are shared rooms available (up to 4 persons per room). The bathrooms are equipped with a bath, shower, hot water. There are also common areas which you can make use of.
- Shared bedrooms (4 persons per room) with cupboard space
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Washing facilities
- BBQ room
- Living room
- Wifi provided throughout the accommodation
Breakfast is provided:
- Self-service breakfast (cereal, toast, fruits, tea, coffee)
- Dinners may be purchased additionally (R80.00 per dinner)
The project does cater for vegetarians, please indicate this on your application form when applying.
Volunteering Fees 2021includes accommodation, some meals, and volunteer activities
- 2 Weeks: 439€
- 3 Weeks: 535€
- 4 Weeks: 629€
- 5 Weeks: 725€
- 6 Weeks: 819€
- 7 Weeks: 915€
- 8 Weeks: 1009€
- 9 Weeks: 1105€
- 10 Weeks: 1199€
- 11 Weeks: 1295€
- 12 Weeks: 1389€
The Booking Process
1. Complete our FREE application form
Complete our free online application form indicating when you would like to start and how long you want to participate. We will respond to your request within 24 hours.
2. We send you a invoice and contract
Once we have confirmation of your placement, we will send a invoice and service agreement. You will have two weeks to accept the offer.
3. Deposit payment to secure your booking
Once you have paid the 250€ deposit, we will confirm your placement. The balance of your invoice is only payable two weeks prior to arrival.
At Claim Victory, we understand that booking a trip abroad may seem stressful due to the global pandemic. We offer our participants flexible conditions, to give you peace of mind when booking with us:
- Full refund or Date Change if your trip is affected by COVID-19 related reasons (Illness, border closures, etc.)
- Cancellation 4+ Weeks prior to arrival = 150€ cancellation fee
- Cancellation 4 weeks or less prior to arrival = 200€ cancellation fee