Cape Town kindergarten volunteer
You will work with children aged 0 – 5 for five days a week, assisting the teachers in the classroom in various different aspects.
The project is located 20km from Cape Town, making it an ideal location for those who wish to be close to the Mother city.
- Arrive and depart from Cape Town
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- Volunteer 2 – 12 weeks
- Airport transfers included
- 1 Night in Cape Town included
- All project transport included
- Accommodation + Meals provided
- Price starting from 420€ (2 Weeks)
There are over 120 children attending the school from Mondays – Fridays. The aim of the project is to give children a good level of education without the parents having to pay for school fees. It’s important to remember that poverty is a big problem in South Africa, with a lot of parents not having enough money to pay for a good level of education.
They focus largely on early childhood development and preparation for Primary school. Each child is provided lunch daily and the children also have the opportunity to develop their fine motor skills and take part in various sporting activities.
The following are tasks which will be expected from volunteers:
- Assisting children with eating
- Assisting children with brushing of teeth, hair etc.
- Assistance with events (Baking, fundraising etc.)
- Assisting the local teachers in the classroom (lessons etc.)
- Creating teaching materials, posters etc.
- Playing games with the children (indoors & on the playground)
The working hours:
There are 3 shifts each day which are rotated on a weekly basis
- 07:00 AM – 16:00 PM
- 07:30 AM – 16:30 PM
- 08:00 AM – 17:00 PM
Tea break is from 09:45 AM – 10:00 & lunch break from 13:00 PM – 14:00 PM
You will be expected to work from Mondays – Fridays each week. On weekends (Saturdays & Sundays) you will have leisure time to relax and enjoy everything that Cape Town has on offer. The location of the project makes it ideal for volunteers to book some tours or even explore by themselves with the rest of the volunteering group.
Some important information:
- When did the project start? The project has been running successfully since the 1960’s
- Any special features to consider? The project is based on Christian values which should be respected at all times. The children come from various different religious backgrounds.
- WiFi available at the project? Yes. The internet may be used daily from 18:00 PM
- How many volunteers can work at the project? 8 Volunteers can be accommodated at any given time.
- Is the school open all year round? The school closes yearly between mid-December until early January.
You will stay on-site at the project in an apartment located at the top floor of the school. The apartment can accommodate 6 volunteers and has all the necessary security features (Alarm, safety gates etc.)
The following will be included during your time at the project:
- Shared accommodation (2 volunteers per room) in apartment located at the project
- Internet access (From 18:00 PM daily)
- Lunch on weekdays (Mondays – Fridays)
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Laundry facility
Every volunteer will receive the following when arriving at the project:
- Hand towel
- All bedding & pillows
Please note: Volunteers will have to contribute weekly towards electricity (+/- 2€ per week)
- Placement at project personally visited & approved by a Claim Victory member.
- Detailed information & service package with all needed information
- Flight advice & checking of travel insurance
- List of fellow travelers who will be joining you at the project
- Airport transfers (Pick up & drop off) at Cape Town international airport
- 1 Night Hostel accommodation in Cape Town
- All project related transport
- All project related costs (Accommodation, meals & activities as stipulated in the information)
- Dedicated volunteer coordinator located on-site at the project
- 24/7 Local emergency assist number of Claim Victory
- Feedback/Debriefing (Optional)
- Certificate of volunteering (Optional)
If you want to stay longer than 3 months (12 weeks) a “Volunteer Visa” will be required. – We can assist you in the whole process
Want to get the most out of your visit to South Africa? Why not add a tour to your adventure!
- 7 Day Cape Town experience (+299€)
- 7 Day Garden route adventure (+550€)
- 14 Day Cape Town & Garden route combo (+781€)