This project is an institution of the NGO Badisa, which runs over 150 social programs across the country, including 19 crèches. The day care center is located in Vasco and is currently attended by around 120 children from the surrounding area. The aim of the project is to give the children a good education without high school fees.
The project focuses on early intervention and prepares children for school. They are taken into the crèche, have a safe place for the day when their parents are working and are encouraged and supported in their development.
There are balanced meals in the crèche as well as programs to promote fine motor skills, sports activities, etc.
- Duration: 2 – 12 Weeks
- Region: Cape Town, South Africa
- Price per person: From 735€
- Included: Transfers, Accommodation, 3 Meals Daily, and Volunteer Activities.
- Childcare 90% 90%
- Teaching 55% 55%
- Life Skills & Sports 60% 60%
Role of the volunteer
You support the employees in their daily work with the children:
• Help with eating
• Help with washing, brushing your teeth etc.
• Playing (inside and on the playground)
• Preparing beds
• Help with events (baking etc.)
• Production of teaching materials, Posters etc.
The exact tasks are based on the current needs of the project and are determined on site together with the project managers.
Accommodation & Meals
Accommodation is provided by our Claim Victory host family which is a 10 minute drive from the project. There are shared rooms available (up to 4 persons per room). The bathrooms are equipped with a bath, shower, hot water. There are also common areas which you can make use of.
- Shared bedrooms (4 persons per room) with cupboard space
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Washing facilities
- BBQ room
- Living room
- Wifi provided throughout the accommodation
- Self-service breakfast (cereal, toast, fruits, tea, coffee)
- Lunches are provided during the days you work at the project (Usually Mondays – Fridays)
- Dinners provided Mondays – Sundays
The project does cater for vegetarians, please indicate this on your application form when applying.
Volunteering Fees 2022includes accommodation, some meals, and volunteer activities
- 2 Weeks: 735€
- 3 Weeks: 955€
- 4 Weeks: 1169€
- 5 Weeks: 1385€
- 6 Weeks: 1605€
- 7 Weeks: 1819€
- 8 Weeks: 2039€
- 9 Weeks: 2255€
- 10 Weeks: 2470€
- 11 Weeks: 2689€
- 12 Weeks: 2905€
- Extra weeks: 219€ per week
The Booking Process
1. Complete our FREE application form
Complete our free online application form indicating when you would like to start and how long you want to participate. We will respond to your request within 24 hours.
2. We send you a invoice and contract
Once we have confirmation of your placement, we will send a invoice and service agreement. You will have two weeks to accept the offer.
3. Deposit payment to secure your booking
Once you have paid the 250€ deposit, we will confirm your placement. The balance of your invoice is only payable two weeks prior to arrival.
At Claim Victory, we understand that booking a trip abroad may seem stressful due to the global pandemic. We offer our participants flexible conditions, to give you peace of mind when booking with us:
- Full refund or Date Change if your trip is affected by COVID-19 related reasons (Illness, border closures, etc.)
- Cancellation 4+ Weeks prior to arrival = 150€ cancellation fee
- Cancellation 4 weeks or less prior to arrival = 200€ cancellation fee