Farm animal rescue volunteering
The farm serves a safe space for farm animals that are rescued from unsafe situations across the Cape region. The project has been in operating since 2010. On the farm, there are about 90 pigs, a flock of sheep, goats, cows, ducks & chickens, dogs, cats & bunnies.
The project works in partnership with various animal welfare groups to save & provide a safe home for various farm & domestic animals.
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- Volunteer for 1 – 12 Weeks
- Airport transfers included
- All transport to project included
- Accommodation & Meals provided
- Price starting from 482€ (2019)
- Applications are free
- 24 hour response time
- 2-week period to accept service offer
[inbound_button font_size=”20″ color=”#c5310d” text_color=”#ffffff” icon=”star” url=”https://form.myjotform.com/83253574031553″ width=”” target=”_blank”]Book now[/inbound_button]
The project runs a restaurant that serves vegan dishes to the public, as well as, offering accommodation to travelers. Both initiatives help to generate funds to continue care for the animals.
The project believes educating the youth in caring for their animals will make an impact in the long term. The staff at the project is therefore involved in the educational programs presented in over six schools within the nearby areas.
The animals all have a background story. From being saved from filthy backyard piggeries to being abandoned as someone’s pet. What they all have in common is that they seek a peaceful forever home.
- Feeding the farm animals
- Providing special attention & care to our disabled animals
- Check & ensure drinking water is clean
- Clean paddocks
- Assistance in the vegetable garden
- Fence inspection & assist with fixing where needed
- Assistance with general first aid in terms of the animals
- Social media management & blog writing
- If volunteers work on a weekend – time off is provided during the week
- Volunteers will work on Mondays – Fridays from 06:30 AM – 19:00 PM.
- Volunteers will also be expected to work on some weekends, but will get the time off the following week.
- On workdays, volunteers receive a 1-hour lunch break.
Important information regarding the project:
Special requirements to volunteer:
The project can take solo travelers, friends, families or a couple.
No smoking allowed.
Follow a vegan diet while on the farm – non-vegans are welcome but should be willing to follow a vegan diet while at the project.
Tetanus vaccination is strongly advised
Interest might include animals, farming, eco-living, sustainable living, being environmentally friendly.
Volunteers should be caring, observant, energetic, self-motivated & a team player
A twin room & a room with a double bed – own bathroom. Bedding & towels are provided. Volunteers join the owners as they prepare dinners & every volunteer will receive a turn per week to buy ingredients & prepare a vegan meal. Breakfast ingredients are provided & volunteers are just required to prepare it for themselves. Laundry services are provided at no extra cost.
- Placement at project personally visited & approved by a Claim Victory member.
- Detailed information & service package with all needed information
- Flight advice & checking of travel insurance
- List of fellow travelers who will be joining you at the project
- Airport transfers (Pick up & drop off) at Cape Town airport
- All project-related transport
- All project-related costs (Accommodation, meals & activities as stipulated in the information)
- Dedicated volunteer coordinator located on-site at the project
- 24/7 Local emergency assist number of Claim Victory
- Feedback/Debriefing (Optional)
- Certificate of volunteering (Optional)
Want to get the most out of your visit to South Africa? Why not add a tour to your adventure!
- 7 Day Cape Town experience (+299€)
- 7 Day Garden route adventure (+550€)
- 14 Day Cape Town & Garden route combo (+781€)