Horse rehabilitation Cape Town
The first horse was rescued by the project in 1995. They aim to share their passion for horses with anyone who has interest. NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
Come and learn how to handle and care for these special animals. You can also get involved with the riding school if you wish.
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- Volunteer for 1 – 4 Weeks
- Airport transfers included
- All transport to project included
- Accommodation & Meals provided
- Price starting from 482€ (2019)
Volunteers will be expected to work an average of 4 hours per day which can be combined or split depending on the project also weekends are usually our busiest time, so free time is better allocated during the week. The project usually starts at 07:30 am with feeding and checking the horses followed by breakfast and discussing the tasks for the day.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning stables
- Cleaning & tidying riding pens
- Grooming horses
- If comfortable rider – riding the horses or
- Assisting with teaching children to ride horses
- Playing with the rescue dogs on the premises
- Preparing for riding events at the project
Volunteers should bring the following:
- Old clothes you can wear during work
Claim Victory Tours can assist the volunteer by taking them to an agricultural shop to buy boots & gloves should they wish. Gumboots @ 6€ & gloves @ 0.94€ (prices are estimates)
During your time as a volunteer, you will stay on a small farm located 20 minutes from the school. Transport is provided daily by one of Claim Victory’s dedicated drivers at no additional cost.
Included in accommodation:
- Shared accommodation provided (Bedding & pillows provided)
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Breakfast daily
|Extra weeks||103€ per week|
- Placement at project personally visited & approved by a Claim Victory member.
- Detailed information & service package with all needed information
- Flight advice & checking of travel insurance
- List of fellow travelers who will be joining you at the project
- Airport transfers (Pick up & drop off) at Cape Town airport
- All project-related transport
- All project-related costs (Accommodation, meals & activities as stipulated in the information)
- Dedicated volunteer coordinator located on-site at the project
- 24/7 Local emergency assist number of Claim Victory
- Feedback/Debriefing (Optional)
- Certificate of volunteering (Optional)
Want to get the most out of your visit to South Africa? Why not add a tour to your adventure!
- 7 Day Cape Town experience (+299€)
- 7 Day Garden route adventure (+550€)
- 14 Day Cape Town & Garden route combo (+781€)