Kindergarten & Preschool in Windhoek
The daycare has been operational since 2009 and accommodates 60 – 80 children from the nearby township in Windhoek.
The children come from backgrounds where poverty is a reality. The daycare offers a safe place for children from 2 – 6 years where they can stay during the day while their parents work.
The daycare is also open in the afternoons to primary school children that come to get assistance with the completion of their homework or participate in sport/culture.
- Arrive and depart from Windhoek
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- Volunteer 4 – 12 weeks
- Airport transfers included
- Accommodation provided
- Price starting from 559€ (2019)
At the project, the children are offered the chance to build the basis of their education. Many of the children come from single-parent households. To be involved in this project will be a rewarding experience.
- Assisting the teachers in the classroom
- Assisting with one-on-one attention to the children
- Assisting or taking initiative to develop classroom material (puzzles, posters, board games etc.)
- Sharing specific skills to offer for example drama/ dance/ art classes to the children
- Sharing specific skills in terms of sports -and movement classes.
- Assist in the reading room by reading with the children & reading stories to them.
- Supervising playtime.
- Assist by creating a world sensitive awareness with the children by learning them about different countries, cultures & animals.
- Assist with the continuous development of our school garden by planting, watering & pulling out weeds.
- Teaching the children about vegetables, fruits & gardening.
- Assistance with the continuous upgrade of the playground which can include painting the jungle gym, fences, etc. & creating playground decorations from recycling items like car tires.
Volunteer working hours:
- The daycare runs from 07:00 AM – 15:00 PM
- The after school program runs from 15:00 PM – 18:00 PM
- The number of volunteers will determine whether you will be involved in both areas.
Requirements to volunteer:
- Be 18 years or older
- Males & Females are welcome to apply
- No smoking allowed at the project.
- Submit a police clearance certificate prior to arrival.
- Be a team player, be willing to assist, be loving & kind
Best time to volunteer:
- 13/05/2019 – 09/08/2019
- 02/09/2019 – 29/11/2019
- 08/01/2020 – Middle April 2020
- The 2020 Namibian school calendar has not yet been released – please inquire by contacting us
Important information regarding the project:
- How many volunteers can help? The project can accommodate 2 – 4 volunteers at any given time.
- How does the daily transport to the project work? We provide you with a safe and reliable driver in Windhoek. Transport to and from the project will cost around 4€ per day.
Volunteers will stay in either hostel or residence accommodation in Windhoek. In both cases the accommodation is self-catering. Bedding is provided, but volunteers should bring their own towels. A communal kitchen & living area is available. At both places, there is WIFI internet access. Both types of accommodation offer a dorm room with a shared bathroom, but private rooms are available at an additional charge.
At the hostel, there is a laundry service available at an additional charge. The residence is equipped with a washing machine & a weekly cleaning service. Both offer a swimming pool.
|Extra weeks||70€ per week|
- Placement at project personally visited & approved by a Claim Victory member.
- Detailed information & service package with all needed information
- Flight advice & checking of travel insurance
- List of fellow travelers who will be joining you at the project
- Airport transfers (Pick up & drop off) at Windhoek airport
- 1 Night accommodation upon arrival in Windhoek including breakfast.
- Dedicated volunteer coordinator located on-site at the project
- 24/7 Local emergency assist number of Claim Victory
- Feedback/Debriefing (Optional)
- Certificate of volunteering (Optional)
If you want to attend this project a Volunteer Visa will be required. We assist you with the whole process.
Want to get the most out of your visit to Namibia? Why not add an introduction week to your adventure!
- Windhoek introduction experience (+200€)