Social work internship South Africa
The internship program is available to students in social work wishing to shadow a social worker in South Africa.
Interns will be having firsthand experience of social issues in South Africa & the impact it has on children & communities here.
It is a unique opportunity to network with social workers & field related professionals. It will be a give & take in terms of knowledge & skills.
The program is ideal for students wishing to see South Africa, but at the same time invest their time & skills to make a difference.
- Arrive and depart from Cape Town
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- Volunteer 2 – 12 weeks
- Airport transfers included
- 1 Night in Cape Town included
- All project transport included
- Accommodation + Meals provided
- Price starting from 570€ (12 Weeks)
Weekly supervision provided & at the end of the program the home will provide a testimonial letter + certificate of completion.
- 18 Years & Older
- Enrolled student in Social Work
- Good to Very Good Level of English
- Openness to learn Basic Afrikaans Language
- Males & Females are welcome
- Submit a police clearance certificate prior to arrival
- Upon application a short motivational letter & resume (CV)
- Be innovative & open to learn
- Flexible, but able to follow instructions
- Be culture sensitive & love working with children
Information about the facility:
Interns are placed at a children’s home in a rural countryside situated at the foot of the Witzenberg. The home was established in 1961 & cares for 150 children that are placed there with a court order. The greatest aim is to provide a safe place for the children, while their caregivers make the necessary changes to be reinstated as the primary caregivers once again. In some cases, family members step forward or foster parents, but sometimes the children need to stay for periods of two years or longer. This is not an orphanage – the children have various background stories – each is unique. Internet is available at the facility & not at the accommodation.
- Shared rooms on the grounds of the facility
- Shared bathroom (toilet, shower & bath)
- Basic kitchen facility (Fridge, two plate stove, kettle, microwave)
- Lunches & dinners are included during your internship
Please send us your university requirements when applying for the internship program (If applicable) We will check the document and let you know whether the internship program would work for you.
- 12 Weeks internship program: 570€
- Placement at internship program visited & approved by a Claim Victory member.
- Detailed information & service package with all needed information
- Flight advice & checking of travel insurance
- List of fellow travelers who will be joining you at the project
- Airport transfers (Pick up & drop off) at Cape Town international airport
- 1 Night accommodation in Cape Town
- All project related transport
- All project related costs (Accommodation, meals & activities as stipulated in the program)
- Dedicated coordinator located on-site at the project
- 24/7 Local emergency assist number of Claim Victory
- Feedback/Debriefing (Optional)
- Testimonial letter + certificate of completed internship