Special care for babies volunteering
The project is a registered NPO (non-profit organization) that works with abandoned and injured babies, following the principle that every child deserves to be loved. The babies are admitted to the baby house and receive a safe, loving home until finally adopted by a new family.
- Arrive and depart from Durban
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- Volunteer 8 – 52 weeks
- Airport transfers included
- All project transport included
- Accommodation provided
- Price starting from 474€ (8 Weeks)
The home can accommodate up to 12 babies, from newborns to toddlers. They are carefully looked after here every day and receive the care they desperately need. Unfortunately, state support for children’s homes is very low, so the project relies on donations and the help of volunteers. So here you would make a valuable and much-needed contribution. The project is grateful for any help. Here you are at the right place if you would like to work for the fact that these babies have a positive, stable and, above all, loving environment during their time in the project.
Tasks of the volunteer: (May vary due to the needs of the project)
- Preparation of meals and bottles for the children
- Feeding the babies
- Carrying out leisure activities
- Promote children in a fun way
- Changing the diapers and bathing the babies
- Help with lying down the babies
- Cleaning of toys, help with washing dishes, etc.
The working hours:
You work in shifts and have 1.25 days a month on vacation days. The working hours are agreed with the project at the beginning of the project work.
- The day shift runs from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- There is a 1 hour lunch period daily
- The night shift runs from 18:00 PM to 06:00 AM
Important information regarding the project:
- Is there internet facilities in the project? Volunteers will have Wifi access at the property
- Any special requirements to keep in mind? The project does not accept volunteers who are smokers. Alcohol consumption is also strictly prohibited. You should have understanding and empathy for children as well as a casual approach to children of all ages and sexes. Flexibility, creativity, discipline, and reliability. You should always be aware that you are acting as a role model for the children.
- When was the project founded? The project was founded in 2007
- How many volunteers can help? 4 Volunteers at any given time
- How many employees are at the project? 4 permanent employees
You live in a cottage on the site of the project. The cottage can sleep up to four people and has a fully equipped kitchen for self-catering. The bathroom is shared by all volunteers. There is a washing machine available. Once a week you have the opportunity to buy food.
|Extra weeks||28€ per week|
Calculate the fees in your own currency
- Placement at project personally visited & approved by a Claim Victory member.
- Detailed information & service package with all needed information
- Flight advice & checking of travel insurance
- List of fellow travelers who will be joining you at the project
- Airport transfers (Pick up & drop off) at Durban airport
- All project-related transport
- All project-related costs (Accommodation project work)
- Dedicated volunteer coordinator located on-site at the project
- 24/7 Local emergency assist number of Claim Victory
- Feedback/Debriefing (Optional)
- Certificate of volunteering (Optional)
If you want to stay longer than 3 months (12 weeks) a “Volunteer Visa” will be required. – We can assist you in the whole process
Want to get the most out of your visit to South Africa? Why not add a tour to your adventure!
2019: (Please note: If you book in 2019 to start in 2020, we will still give you the below rates)
- 7 Day Cape Town experience (+349€)
- 7 Day Garden route adventure (+600€)
- 14 Day Cape Town & Garden route combo (+890€)
- 7 Day Cape Town experience (To be released 01 December 2019)
- 7 Day Garden route adventure (To be released 01 December 2019)
- 14 Day Cape Town & Garden route combo (To be released 01 December 2019)
Calculate the fees in your own currency