Surf education volunteer
The project teaches the local youth through surfing. These children do not have the opportunity to take part in any recreational activities due to parents having little to no income.
As a volunteer, you will actively take part in assisting the children with lessons and other crucial aspects of their development.
The key is to encourage the children to take up surfing as a sport and to stay away from negative elements such as gangs, alcohol and/or drug abuse.
- Arrive and depart in George airport
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- Volunteer 4 weeks – 6 months
- Airport transfers included
- All project transport included
- Accommodation + Meals provided
- Price starting from 1190€ (4 Weeks)
Volunteers are required to assist at the main surfing program where they are advised by the instructors to complete the following duties:
- Supervising children AT ALL TIMES while at the beach and / or in the ocean
- Assisting children while surfing and / or swimming
- Packing & unpacking equipment
- Cleaning & organising equipment
- Cleaning & organising premises
- Assist with children’s homework
- Assist with preparation of food for children
- Play pre-approved educational & developmental games with children
- General maintenance work in and around the project’s premises
Example of working schedule:
|08:00 – 09:00||Free time||Breakfast||Breakfast||Breakfast||Breakfast||Breakfast||Free time|
|09:30 – 12:30||Free time||Volunteer
|Main surf program||Free time|
|13:00 – 14:00||Free time||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Free time|
|14:30 – 17:30||Free time||Main surf program||Main surf program||Main surf program||Main surf program||Free time||Free time|
|18:00 onwards||Free time||Dinner & free time||Dinner & free time||Dinner & free time||Dinner & free time||Dinner & free time||Free time|
Volunteers stay in beach-front apartments. The apartments are located very close to the main beach area. (only 2 minutes walk) The apartments are modern, stylish and equipped with all needed utilities to ensure that all volunteers have a pleasant stay during their time. There are also security guards who are on duty 24 hours each day.
The apartments are 2 or 3 bedroom units with 3 volunteers staying in each room. (Rooms are separated by men and woman) Each apartment has it’s own bathroom, lounge and kitchen. The apartments are also fully furnished.
What you will get during your stay:
- Accommodation at fully-furnished apartments located 2 minutes walk from the main beach
- Laundry facilities (Washing machine available to volunteers)
- Cleaning service on a weekly basis (Volunteers should keep the apartments clean & tidy)
- Bedding provided
- 3 Meals daily (Breakfast lunch & dinner) (Tuesdays – Saturdays)
Want to stay longer? Additional weeks = 240€ per week
- Placement at project personally visited & approved by a Claim Victory member.
- Detailed information & service package with all needed information
- Flight advice & checking of travel insurance
- List of fellow travelers who will be joining you at the project
- Airport transfers (Pick up & drop off) at Hoedspruit airport
- All project related transport
- All project related costs (Accommodation, meals & activities)
- Dedicated volunteer coordinator located on-site at the project
- 24/7 Local emergency assist number of Claim Victory
- Feedback/Debriefing (Optional)
- Certificate of volunteering (Optional)
If you want to stay longer than 3 months (12 weeks) a “Volunteer Visa” will be required. – We can assist you in the whole process
Want to get the most out of your visit to South Africa? Why not add a tour to your adventure!
- 7 Day Cape Town experience ()
- 7 Day Garden route adventure ()
- 14 Day Cape Town & Garden route combo ()