Farm school Windhoek
The school was established in 2009 & offers children and toddlers a complete curriculum covering English, Maths, Handicrafts, Sports and the Environment. The little ones learn to read and write, but they also dance, sing and play. The kids are very friendly and love to meet new people – their enthusiasm and smiles are contagious!
The project is also committed to enrolling as many of the older children as possible in regular schools in Windhoek to continue their education. The number of children at the school varies. The youngest child is 3 years old & children up to Grade 3 are educated.
- Arrive and depart from Windhoek
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- Volunteer 2 – 12 weeks
- Airport transfers included
- Project transfers included
- Accommodation provided
- Price starting from 1119€ (2019)
The main task in this project is the support of the teachers in the classroom and the employment with the children. In the afternoon, the older children return from the secondary school in Windhoek. They do their homework in the project and take part in various leisure activities that you can organize with.
They are always happy when volunteers engage with them. There is an important exchange with international young people that they would never otherwise experience. It also helps them to improve their English, which is very important for their future career.
- Assisting in the classroom
- Assisting with the development & making of classroom material like posters or games
- Afternoons assistance with homework
- Assistance with the development of the children’s English language skills
- Supervision during playtime
- Playing games with the children
- Assist with playground & classroom cleaning
- Sharing skills like teaching children drama, dancing, music or arts.
- Sharing skills in terms of a sport like football etc.
Volunteer working hours:
The work schedule is quite flexible, but the following can be used as a guideline:
- 08:00 AM – 13:00 PM & then the after school from 15:00 PM – 17:00 PM
Best time to volunteer:
- 13/05/2019 – 09/08/2019
- 02/09/2019 – 29/11/2019
- 08/01/2020 – Middle April 2020
- The 2020 Namibian school calendar has not yet been released – please inquire by contacting us
Some important information regarding the project:
- Who can apply? Male & female applicants can apply.
- Any special documents required? A motivational letter as to why you would like to volunteer is essential. A police clearance certificate also needs to be provided before you start at the project.
- How many volunteers can attend? A maximum of 4 volunteers at any given time.
- Any age limitations to volunteer? You need to be a minimum of 18 years of age.
There are 2 options for accommodation when volunteering at the farm school:
- Volunteer rooms (up to 3 persons per room of the same sex)
- Large tented accommodation (2 persons of the same sex or couples)
Summary of the accommodation:
- Shared accommodation (Comfortable beds, bedding & pillows are provided)
- Shared bathroom facilities with hot watered showers powered by solar energy
- Electricity is available with sockets available in the common areas
It’s very important to keep in mind that you will be living in the wilderness and should be prepared to adapt to the circumstances you find yourself in during your Namibian adventure!
3 Meals are provided daily:
- Breakfast: Bread and cereals
- Lunch: Pasta, wraps, burgers
- Dinner: Fish, meat, vegetables with rice, potatoes, etc
Please inform us when applying if you have any special dietary requirements (Vegetarian etc.)
- Placement at project personally visited & approved by a Claim Victory member.
- Detailed information & service package with all needed information
- Flight advice & checking of travel insurance
- List of fellow travelers who will be joining you at the project
- Airport transfers (Pick up & drop off) at Windhoek airport
- All project-related transport
- 1 Night accommodation upon arrival in Windhoek including breakfast.
- Dedicated volunteer coordinator located on-site at the project
- 24/7 Local emergency assist number of Claim Victory
- Feedback/Debriefing (Optional)
- Certificate of volunteering (Optional)
If you want to attend this project a Volunteer Visa will be required. We assist you with the whole process.
Want to get the most out of your visit to Namibia? Why not add an introduction week to your adventure!
- Windhoek introduction experience (+200€)